Honoring America’s Warriors would like to thank you for your interest in our Critical and Minor Home Repair Program. This program seeks to help low-income veterans/service members accomplish necessary minor repairs and maintenance to provide a safe, secure, and worry-free home. We select based on the greatest need, ability of our volunteers and availability of our resources to complete the work.
Interested Veterans/Service Members must meet the following criteria:
- Be the owner of record for the home (proof is required), lived in the home for at least one year or more, currently living in the home, and, home must be more than ten years old.
- Household income must fall below 60% of Oklahoma’s median income; exceptions are anyone affected by recent severe weather. Homeowners will be asked to provide documents of income(s). Recent Tax returns and bank statements may be required.
- Homeowners must be up to date on property taxes.
- At this time, we are unable to work on mobile homes or duplexes, with the exception of installing handicap accessible ramps for mobile homes.
Before any work is agreed upon:
- A home evaluation will be conducted to assess the amount and ability to complete and any and all work. Any work requested will be documented and discussed at that time.
- The intent is for all work to be completed in three to four days (typically Thursday to Sunday) although some exceptions may apply.
- It may be necessary for you to move some items before our scheduled workday in order for our volunteers to make those needed repairs. In some cases, we will schedule a storage container to be placed in the driveway or yard for you to store items.
It is essential that you do not apply with other organizations as this may terminate your application with us. Our budget does not enable us to complete roof replacements or repairs.
Once you have completed the application, please mail or hand-deliver to our office. Our office hours vary; please call before stopping by.